Friday, February 9, 2018

Book Review ; In A Dark, Dark Wood




In A Dark, Dark Wood --- By Ruth Ware



I have found that in a Ware book the middle tends to get sluggish and muddy but I do love her twisted endings. For the most part the book is a quick and easy page turner. A woman wakes up in a hospital bed after a bachelorette party, badly bruised and bandaged with memory loss.

No, it is not the women's edition of Hangover. Many people complain about the characters of this book from other reviews I had read about and I don't really have any except one. There is an annoying and emotional as hell friend who throws the party. And wow she worked on even my nerves at times. The characters are in their 20's or so and catty and "immature". Ummm, yeah. Most people in their 20's are exactly that. So I'm not sure what planet these people are from that I read reviews from but... it didn't make me grimace when reading how these people acted because that's how most people just are at one point or another.

The book was consistently okay and not spectacular. This was not surprising because neither was the other book I read by Ware called The Woman in Cabin 10. I will not be rushing to pre order any books by Ruth Ware but if someone gifted me one, I would read it. I at least know that the first five and last 5 chapters will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment