Thursday, January 11, 2018

Book Review ; Linger




Linger
The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2
By Maggie Stiefvater






(Breakfast and Linger on day 2 of reading)

I will start with I love Maggie Stiefvater's writing BUT Linger is basically like the first book of The wolves of Mercy Falls... but in a mirror... and in reverse. Sam is human and Grace feels like she's going to change constantly. Grace is smelling like wolf and running a fever pretty consistently throughout the book. Grace and Sam are hopelessly in love still. And is Isabela is logical when everyone else is being a basic dumb teen and twiddling their thumbs. Then there is the addition of Cole, the damaged rockstar.

There is much less wolf action than I expected in this book. I actually spent more time being pissed at Grace's parents than any other feeling I had from Linger. Most of the time reading this follow up to Shiver I was like okay maybe they'll get to the obvious issue on the next page. Did not happen until 90% of the book was read.



Even though it seems I may have been miserable and disconnected with the series at this point due to my gripes so far due to pace and my sudden annoyance with this teen romance, the pity parties, and suddenly out of left field super controlling parents, I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!

It took me 5 days to finish this 360 page book. One of those days I didn't read at all because I was not feeling well and my energy needed to be focused elsewhere. So 4 days and done. I really could not get through it fast enough. I had to know what happened.

Now, with all this said Maggie Stiefvater could probably write a book about shadows on the walls over the course of a week and I would devour the book because I enjoy her writing style so much. The addition of damaged rockstar Cole was great and I believe he will be playing an important part in book 3, Forever.

All in all, if you LOVED Shiver then I would absolutely recommend this book and of course if you just inhale the freshness of Maggie's writing I would say indulge some more. If Shiver left you not filled with the urge to grab Linger immediately I would say don't. As for me, I will be picking up the next book in this trilogy very soon. Forever is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment