Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Recipe ; Cranberry Balsamic Chicken Thighs

Have you ever gone on Pinterest in search of something and tried it out and it was a total fail? Well, this was not the case here. I had a big bag of cranberries that I hadn't quite finished off and didn't want to see go to waste and I found a recipe and dove in. I am just going to put it like it is.... This stuff is damn good. I found a recipe from www.cottercrunch.com and wow. I didn't follow that recipe exactly but this will now be something I make gladly in my kitchen often and I figured I would give credit where credit is due. If you are a fan of tangy, juicy, and just something different... give this one a try. (I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, I am looking forward to making this with skin on next time. Oh my goodness.) One pan dishes will always have me as a fan.




One Pan Cranberry Basalmic Roasted Bonless Skinless Chicken Thighs
(Now, that's a name. Haha)

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 cup of fresh cranberries
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Sage (light sprinkle. A little goes a long way.)
Italian herbs (sprinkle)

1tbsp. Sugar free syrup
1tbsp. balsamic vinegar
(These two ingredients will be mixed and you want this amount listed above per piece of chicken you will be cooking to coat chicken with later in the cooking process.)

Marinade:
1/3 cup cranberries
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sugar free syrup
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder




DIRECTIONS:

Blend marinade ingredients until liquified.

Pour marinade over chicken and coat evenly.

Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes or up 24 hours.



-----

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Add additional cranberries, sage, and Italian herbs to dish.

Spread evenly on and around chicken.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Brush chicken with syrup and balsamic vinegar combo you made.

Cook additional 10 minutes.

Spoon pan sauce and cranberries onto chicken when served.

-----

You can thank me later :)



No comments:

Post a Comment